Friday, March 31, 2006

Bula! (Hello!)

A personal blog entry...

I'm starting to get a little nervous! This will be unlike anything I have ever done before. The remoteness of the trip for starters...we are going to the island of Kadavu. There are no roads to the area we are going, so we will take the 30 minute trip by boat after flying from the main island. And I am a pretty nervous flyer!

The anesthesia will be unlike what I am used to also, as we will be using only injectible medications. Ordinarily, after inducing anesthesia with injectibles, we have the dogs hooked up to gas anesthesia through a breathing tube. And then there is the fact that the dogs are somewhat feral, so not exactly used to walking at a heel on a leash!

I am very excited to meet the Fijian villagers. What a great opportunity to learn about their history and culture. We are bringing gifts for the villagers and the children--clothing, candy, fishing line and hooks, toys. I hope to dance in the moonlight to the music of the people!

We leave in just over 48 hours!

No comments:

DONATE

Donate Now Through CanadaHelps.org!